Monday, July 22, 2013

Baby Lucy joins our family!!!

I may not get everything from the past 7 months but I will share our happy arrival of Lucy Jane! She was born January 25th at 2:11 p.m. 7.9 oz and 20 inches long. I felt a little more pain this time than I did when we had Sadie because I wanted to (kind of weird) . This time I didn't get the epidural until I was having a lot stronger contractions. After I was numbed I relaxed and starting drifting off to sleep. I awoke to a strong feeling that I needed to push. I called the nurse and she came in to check me. She said  "don't push until we get everyone in here, this baby is coming!" I laughed a little and she said "don't laugh or she'll be here before we're ready". Not 10 minutes after she checked me Lucy was here. I only pushed twice and we had our beautiful baby girl! As the nurses were checking her they were asking what we were going to name her. One of the nurses had just noticed a birthmark on Lucy's right leg in the shape of a heart. I told them we were thinking of the name Lucy and said maybe it's meant to be since she has that heart mark for "I Love Lucy". We all had a good laugh and the nurses thought that was perfect. So did we!

Just about ready for epidural but still smiling. 

Notice the sweet heart birthmark. We love our Lucy!





Skin to skin bonding time. Not my favorite picture but the only one with just me and Lucy moments after birth. 

Another baby girl that melts Daddy's heart. 




She has some long toes and seems to express herself with them a lot. 
Grandma Price was a great cheerleader and company to have before, during, and after Lucy's birth. So glad she flew out to be here for this very special day!
The kids each brought a bouquet of flowers for me. 



Cade was the first one over to see Lucy and hold her. Though he is the only brother, he sure is sweet to his sisters. 



She isn't sure what to think of having a little sister. She wanted to hold her a lot though. Still a very independent 3-year-old who wanted to do everything herself, including holding Lucy. 

One day old and getting ready to go home! 


Just like having a live baby doll. Kaitlyn is a huge help with Lucy and loves to hold her. It's really nice having a 7-year-old who is capable of really helping without us having to worry for Lucy's safety. :)

We tried to do our own newborn photo shoot but Lucy wasn't a fan. 


Sadie has been Lucy's side-kick from day 1. Whether Lucy likes it or not. Ha!

First day to go to church. Dress from Aunt Amanda, quilt from Aunt LeAnn. 
Almost a month old and ready to do tricks with Daddy. 

Night night!




No comments: