Monday, June 8, 2009

Kids are the best

So just a couple quick little stories:
Sunday Kaitlyn gave her first talk in primary. I went in and sat by her so that I could help her. I asked her if she wanted to go sit by the other kids who were going to give talks and she hopped up and skipped over to her chair. Then during the opening song I looked over and she had huge tears rolling down her face. The primary councelor looked at me as if to say "is she too scared to give her talk"? I motioned for her to come sit by me so she came and sat on my lap. I asked her what was the matter and she said, "I'm really going to miss you when you leave my primary class daddy". :) WHAT A LITTLE SWEETHEART.

Friday was our father and sons campout. I took Cade and we had a great time. ~9:30 p.m. I took him to the tent to lay him down. He threw a huge fit and after a half hour of failing to get him to lay down I let him come back by the fire with me. ~10:30 I decided to take him and put him in his car seat. At 11:00 I went to get him and lay him down (assuming he was surely asleep by now). When I opened the door he immediately said, "hi dadu". So I again let him get up. ~midnight I put him in his car seat again. Around 1 a.m. I went to get him and attempt to lay him down again. He was asleep but as soon as I laid him in the tent he whoke up and started screaming. After a couple minutes of waking everyone else up a friend handed me a flashlight. I held it shining toward the ceiling and within 10 seconds Cade was out. DANG KIDS!

Life is fun!!!

5 comments:

Megann said...

So darling!!! Your story about Kaitlyn really made me want to have a family - at least one with kids as sweet as she is :)

Wendy said...

Awww, Kaitlyn loves you. And that story about the campout? EXACTLY why I think kids and camping don't mix.

Dad & Mom said...

Hi, all--what great little ones! Don't you just love the sweetness of them? Give them both a hug from G'ma P, okay? I love you all.

Perry Family said...

He'll love to camp soon enough (or falling asleep in a tent!!), that must have been frustrating to no end...my husband has yet to take our little guy out in a tent! What a little sweet Kaitlyn is!!

Amanda said...

Hey I hear you got a sweet new mini ride.. Come on don't hold out on me.. lucky! :)