Sunday, June 14, 2009

pics later. More good stories

Cades story: So at 21 months Cade is turning into quite the little chatter box. This morning he was eating cereal and like always, had way more on his spoon than could possibly fit into his mouth. So for about five bites in a row he'd get the spoon in his mouth and drop ~1/2 of the spoons contents onto his lap. After a few bites he looked up at me and said, "oops, sorry dadu." Then he looked down at his chair and said, "sorry cereal." He then picked up every little piece off his chair and ate them :)

Kaitlyns story: Yesterday while Cade was taking a nap Cindy, Kaitlyn, & I laid down to watch a show. About an hour into it Kaitlyns attention span took over and she went to play her little keyboard. "Kaitlyn" I said just loud enough for her to hear, and she turned the keyboard way down so I could barely hear it. A minute later I heard a little crash. I got up and saw her lying on the ground. She had sat on a little plastic container we use for files and it had broke. She had a pretty big scratch on her leg. She came over and said, "I'm really sorry I broke your thing." Then she began to cry and apologized about ten more times. Repentance in its sincerest form :)

If we're really supposed to learn from our little ones then Heavenly Father has sent me two of his best teachers. I love you Kaitlyn & Cade.

3 comments:

Perry Family said...

She is such a sweetie...what a great story!

Kirsten said...

They are SO sweet at that age! Treasure them now because before you know it they'll be almost 8 and talking like an adult! I can't believe Macie will be baptized in October. Am I really that old?! No, way!

Dad & Mom said...

You're just starting to learn, dear. They will be the best life-lesson teachers you'll ever have. You were for me. Thanks, hon. Love you all--Mom (Just waiting to hear!!!)