Monday, June 2, 2008

A WANTED MAN!!

So I drove down to St. George this past weekend to attend the wedding of Brianna Leavitt. On my way home I got pulled over (the officer said 89 but I was only doing 83, I know still speeding so I didn't say anything :)) and given a ticket ($107 ouch). When the officer returned to my car he asked if I was aware that there was a warrant out for my arrest. I instantly thought that my identity had been stolen and that this was going to get ugly. I told him that I had no idea and he proceeded to remind me of a ticket I was issued last June for failing to use my blinker (OK I actually swerved across four lanes of traffic so that I wouldn't miss my exit but he was kind enough to write me up for failing to signal). I knew I'd paid the ticket and told him that I had a receipt. He asked if I had it on me and when I obviously did not he told me all the things he was supposed to do (take me to jail, impound my car, etc.) but said he was going to make a note that he'd talked with me and that if I was pulled over again without having taken care of it I would be booked. I spent all day looking through my electronic receipts with no luck. My electronic bank statements only went back to the end of June 2007. I thought I was going to have to pay $206.50 to clear my warrant but I finally found a paper copy of my statement and the carbon copy of my check stub.
MORAL OF THE STORY: Keep your receipts..... or don't break the law... :)

10 comments:

Amanda said...

Ok that totally sounds like something that would happen to you. That's what you get, you and all your craziness driver.. Although the story would have been a little more ending with the 2nd ending, you have to admit!! :) Too funny. Glad you made it home safe (and on schedule) I bet there will be no speeding for you (at least for a week or so)

Amanda said...

ok so obviously I meant it would be more entertaining with the 2nd ending.. Struggle-I guess that's why I should proof read before I press publish.. OH WELL! :)

Dad & Mom said...

HOLA! TO MY FUGITIVE SON! I'M GLad IT WORKED OUT OKAY AND THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO HAUL YOU OFF TO JAIL. BE A LITTLE MORE CAREFUL, WILL YOU? WE'D LIKE TO KEEP YOU AROUND FOR AWHILE-AND NOT IN THE POKEY. LOVE YOU ANYWAY!! GIVE CINDY AND KIDS A KISS AND HUG FROM DAD AND I-WE'LL SEE YOU IN JULY LOVE, MOM

Perry Family said...

HA HA HA HA!!! I'm so laughing, but I wouldn't be laughing if it were me!! So glad you found your reciept...lots of deep digging for that reciept...anything to save $100!!

Mizukawa's said...

hey I remember that ticket sorry. Man well I am glad that you found it and that all is well I hate tickets HATE tickets. How is cindy and the kids?

i said...

Hey,I found your blog from Karissa.
Great story!...I'm not surprised! I'm glad you were off the hook though!

Lynette said...

That's a great story! Yeah, crazy how time flies huh? Last time we saw you guys, both are oldest were just babies. Kelly Jensen is way cool. He teaches Sunday School and runs the church farm. We also just met his son Jacob. Great family. We've had tons of Logandale/Mesquite people moving up there. Do you know Bill Bunker? Anyway, they are great additions to Alamo!

Lynette said...

Yes it is! I think Jacob did. He rented Chris' Excavator to dig waterlines on thier ranch. Not sure about his son?

Ipuna Black said...

MBA! Good for you! I am so proud of you! Thanks for letting me look into your lives! I wil tell Linda you said hello!

Perry Family said...

Nate, thanks for your nice comment about my grandpa's passing, I appreciated it.