Monday, June 16, 2008

A great Fathers Day weekend

Friday after work I drove to Idaho to pick up Cindy and the kids. Cindy had been staying with her nephews while her brother and sister-in-law went on a cruise. When I arrived Cindy and the kids were just getting back from the store. I helped Kaitlyn out of her car seat and she laid her head on my shoulder, gave me a great big hug and said, "I missed you daddy. I wuv you daddy." Talk about melting my heart.

We had fun with Cindys family on Friday night and Saturday then we drove home Saturday night. We were about 1/2 hour from home when Cindy remembered that she had left my fathers day gift hidden under the bed in Idaho. I'll have to thank her for that because I may need to refer back to it in the future when I forget to get a gift :)

On Sunday morning I was going to put Kaitlyn down for a nap. She wanted to lay on the floor to read stories. So we put a couple pillows and blankets down and she snuggled up to me while I read her stories. Somewhere early in the second story I fell asleep and Kaitlyn left the room quietly.
After a while I woke up as Kaitlyn had returned, knelt down next to me, and gave me a great big hug. She said, "I wuv you daddy. Happy Fathers Day daddy!" and then gave me an Eskimo kiss followed by butterfly kisses. It was so sweet. She probably told me happy fathers day 40 times yesterday.
Cindy did a great job too. Thanks hun for cooking lunch, letting me sleep in until 6:30, and letting me watch the end of the Lakers/Celtics game :) It really was a great day.

4 comments:

Perry Family said...

Those kids sure know how to sock it to you in the heart:) Kids are the best, and your caitlyn seems like such a sweetie who LOVES her daddy!!

Amanda said...

Sounds like you got spoiled. LUCKY! We're getting excited to see you guys again soon. My kids still talk about you guys every once in awhile, they had a ball with you here.
ps. I'm bringing Carcazone!!

Dad & Mom said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL FATHER'S DAY!! NOTHING LIKE BEING A DADDY, IS THERE? GIVE THOSE KIDLETTES AND KISS AND HUG FROM G'MA, WILL YOU AND GIVE CINDY MY LOVE, TOO. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL. P.S. PLEASE BRING BLUE (AND I EMPHASIZE BLUE) JEANS AND A WHITE T-SHIRT FOR EACH OF YOU. MY BOSS IS TAKING FAMILY PICTURES ON FRIDAY MORNING. LOVE YA-G'MA PETE

Lynette said...

Kids are the best! So, Chris talked to Jacob Jensen yesterday and he said to tell you hi.