Sunday, February 20, 2011

Saturday in the Smokies

This was such a great Saturday! We started out letting the kids play for a little while in the neighborhood. Cade is obsessed with fishing right now (guess I'd better get into it and figure out how to catch a fish). He grabbed a stick and probably spent a half hour pulling a leaf out of our neighbors pond and had a blast doing it :)


Then we packed a lunch, through the kids bikes in the van and headed towards the Smokies. We found a park with a bike trail loop and Cade went around and around and around.


We had a great picnic.


I love the Smokies. I dream of having a small farm someday so that my kids can experience a few of the things I did growing up. Everywhere I drive back here it's like one big gorgeous ideal farm after another.


We found a cool swing bridge over by Townsend that the kids thought was pretty cool and Cindy reminded me that she wouldn't enjoy the big tree top tours :)


What a great weekend!

1 comment:

Linda Peterson said...

Looks like lots of fun-wish we were closer so that we could enjoy the beautiful countryside with all of you. All my love-Mom